There are some rad-looking speedruns in store this week
It’s time once again to watch some sick speedrunning exhibitions. Summer Games Done Quick 2022 gets underway today, as speedrunners gather in Minnesota to go fast for a good cause.
For anyone unfamiliar, Games Done Quick is a twice-a-year event where speedrunners—players who compete to clear objectives in games as fast as possible—put on exhibitions for charity. SGDQ supports Doctors Without Borders, while Awesome Games Done Quick raises funds for the Prevent Cancer Foundation.
This year’s SGDQ is a notable one because it’s the first time, since AGDQ 2020, that a Games Done Quick event has been held in-person. The event has outlined its COVID policies online, but this will be the first time we’ve had some genuine crowds since pre-pandemic.
Summer Games Done Quick streams live on Twitch from Sunday, June 26 through this coming Saturday and potentially into the wee hours of July 3.
You can find the full schedule of upcoming runs, shifted to your respective time zone, here. I also went through and took a look at the runs, pulling out ones I thought looked or sounded neat. If you’re looking for particular days or windows to tune in, this might give you a decent idea of when. (All times below are in U.S. Central Standard Time, and subject to change and adjust as the schedule moves around.)
Sunday, June 26
- Shadow of the Colossus NTA Bossrush Random – 12:00 p.m.
- Kirby and the Forgotten Land Any% – 5:58 p.m.
- Bonus Game 1: Pokemon Snap 250k points – 8:13 p.m.
Monday, June 27
- The Pathless All Bosses – 8:44 a.m.
- Super Castlevania 4 Low% Race – 11:49 a.m.
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening (2019) Any% Glitchless Race – 3:03 p.m.
- ICO Any% 60hz – 5:08 p.m.
Tuesday, June 28
- Omori Any% Glitched – 1:12 a.m.
- Mega Man: The Wily Wars Mega Man 2 vs. Mega Man 3 – 12:51 p.m.
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon Any% (PC) – 2:26 p.m.
- Bonus Game 3: Half-Life: Alyx Inbounds – 8:41 p.m.
- Super Mario Odyssey Darker Side – 9:56 p.m.
Wednesday, June 29
- Final Fantasy VI: Worlds Collide Randomizer Any% NMG – 2:33 a.m.
- Tunic Any% – 12:22 p.m.
- Advance Wars Any% (No Map Glitch) – 1:17 p.m.
- Pokemon Emerald Randomizer Evolution Chaos Co-Op – 2:42 p.m.
- Bonus Game 4: Minecraft: Java Edition Any% Random Seed Glitchless (Current Version) – 7:37 p.m.
Thursday, June 30
- Devil May Cry Dante Must Die All Collectables – 1:01 a.m.
- Incredible Crisis Any% – 6:39 a.m.
- Kirby Tilt ‘n’ Tumble Any% – 10:15 a.m.
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance NG+ Hard – 5:38 p.m.
- StepMania/NotITG Couples Exhibition – 6:58 p.m.
- Celeste True Ending – 9:38 p.m.
Friday, July 1
- Satisfactory Package% – 8:35 a.m.
- Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl Any% Glitchless – 10:08 a.m.
- F-Zero GX Story Mode, Max Speed, Very Hard – 3:38 p.m.
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Randomizer Co-Op 5 Dungeonsanity – 4:38 p.m.
- Portal 2 Inbounds No Saveload Abuse TAS – 7:18 p.m.
- Super Mario World Relay Race – 10:48 p.m.
Saturday, July 2
- Left 4 Dead 2 Main Campaigns Co-op – 2:08 a.m.
- Final Fantasy X Any% Cutscene Remover – 3:16 a.m.
- Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty PC European Extreme – 7:34 a.m.
- Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World All Five Games w/ ACE – 2:27 p.m.
- Super Mario Maker 2 Relay Race – 7:31 p.m.
- Elden Ring All Remembrances – 11:21 p.m.